Date: 5/23/18 4:31 pm
From: Cliff and Lisa Weisse <cliffandlisa...> [ible] <ible-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [IBLE] Intriguing Hummer--Costa's???
Interesting bird. Solidly green central rects further eliminate
Calliope. Inner primaries look wide so it's not an Archilochus, which
leaves Calypte. As for Anna's vs Costa's - tough call. The straight bill
actually favors Anna's but the really short R5 on the photo of the bird
hovering more vertically is a good mark for Costa's. Clean white
undertail coverts too? Someone should try to get video, hoping to record
call note. And more photos.

Thanks for getting this posted Heidi.

Cliff

--