Date: 5/23/18 4:13 pm
From: Hans-Joachim Feddern <thefedderns...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] Portholes Reservoir nesting colony
Hal, Dennis, Tweeters,

I was birding in Eastern Washington last Sunday and Monday, (4/20 -4/21)
but did not go to the colony. I have been there in previous years and have
fond memories of the lively coming and going, especially of cormorants. In
these two days I did not see a single Double-crested Cormorant anywhere.
Maybe State Fish & Wildlife Service has more information? I did see three
Great Egrets at the Para Ponds in Othello, so there must be a breeding
colony there somewhere. I did find the White-faced Ibis at County Line
Ponds on Sunday evening.

I also visited the Tricolored Blackbird colony and Hal's statement: "One
could not have asked for a more satisfying experience of this species in
Washington. " describes it perfectly!

Good Birding!

Hans

*Hans Feddern*