Date: 5/23/18 7:28 am
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: Prime location
The other day something flew out of my Coral Vine tangle when I walked
by.   A closer look revealed a Cardinal nest.  What a pretty place to
build.  I checked to make sure all the eggs were the same size since I
still see an occasional Cowbird.

For the second morning in a row a female Turkey has walked around the
back yard.  She may have her young hidden in the high grass. I'm still
amazed how big these birds are.  When she stretches her neck and
cautiously looks around she is really tall.

The Tree Swallow fledglings must have left last week.  Didn't even have
a chance to clean out the box when a Bluebird just added some dry White
Pine needles and laid her eggs.  She must have been in a hurry not to
take the time to build the usual cup nest.

Bruni Haydl

Charles Town, WV

Join us on Facebook!