Date: 5/22/18 8:16 pm
From: Ann Pelletier via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Hairy woodpecker with yellowish feathers in middletown
Have a yellow downy also in WolcottNo white feathers all tinted yellow even the dots!Has been here 2 weeks so far

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 7:48 AM, Joe Zygala via CTBirds<ctbirds...> wrote: In response to Pat Barnett, I don’t think CTBIRDS allows photos. The best way to let people see photos is to upload them to some photo server and then post a link to the photos. There are several free servers. The ones I use are Flickr and Google Photos. Both have apps for mobile devices as well as browser-based interfaces.

So, I see you also have a funky looking Hairy. Madame Ocher, as I have dubbed her, is making daily appearances at my feeders. Her patterning is standard eastern Hairy Woodpecker, she just has this distinct yellowish tinge to her normally white feathers. Here is a link to my Birds album on Google:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tn38y12DFsF1Jwse8

Joe Zygala

Sent from my iPad