Date: 5/22/18 6:12 am
From: Herb and Sarah Myers <hesemyers...>
Subject: Song Sparrow
We are used to having Northern Cardinal male and female fighting their
reflections in our deck door window. Now we have a Song Sparrow doing the
same thing. It hangs on the window edge or the Acopian Bird Saver cords
glaring into the window. Then it goes off and sings a bit or helps itself
to sunflower seeds. Before long it is back shadow boxing. It is persistent.

We were excited to hear a Golden-winged Warbler on our walk yesterday. We
thought it had left, but it is in the same location where we heard it
earlier in the month. It is a bit more grown over than the habitat they
usually like. It may be a different bird but we are hoping it might find a
partner and stay the nesting season.

Herb Myers, Harman, Randolph County

Join us on Facebook!