Date: 5/20/18 1:57 pm
From: Eric Heisey <magicman32...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Newhalem Common Grackle
Hey all,

I just found a Common Grackle in Newhalem, WA. I first saw the bird as it flew away from me, out of the top of a tree with a Brown-headed Cowbird, uttering a low “chuck” call characteristic of Grackles. I hurriedly chased the bird to the other side of the side of the road and confirmed my suspicion, getting nice looks and decent photos. The bird is coming to a feeder behind house 1. Find the house by turning right at the mini mart and parking there. Walk towards the bridge, and house 1 is the second house on the right. The owner is very friendly and open to birders stopping by. He has seen the bird for the past week but didn’t know what it was, a good sign that it may stick around. Wondering what another bird was, he showed me photos of a male Yellow-headed Blackbird that has been around the same area. The bird disappeared about 15 minutes ago, but I am going to keep looking and attempt to get better photos. Hopefully some others get to see this bird!

Eric Heisey

Sent from my iPhone