Date: 5/17/18 5:07 am
From: Ron Crandall <robberfly12...>
Subject: Re: Lower Trail field trip
Thanks to Nick for leading the bird walk. Photo ops were limited, due to
the conditions, but here's a Facebook album of a few of the birds we saw:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10213802164706375.1073742042.1174725156&type=1&l=2521a454ff

Ron

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 4:18 PM, Nick Bolgiano <nickbolgiano...>
wrote:

> The rain stopped just before the Lower Trail field trip and held off
> throughout except for some drizzle. Eleven birders participated. We walked
> south 1 mile from the Mt. Etna trailhead and back, in Blair County.
>
> We encountered a number of cerulean warblers, including a close-up male
> and a female gathering grapevine bark for nest material.
>
> Another highlight was the many blackpoll warblers - one tally was of 20
> singing males. We heard several singing Tennessee warblers and a number of
> warbling vireos. We also had good looks at the different plumages of
> orchard orioles.
>
> Nick Bolgiano

Join us on Facebook!