Date: 5/16/18 8:12 pm
From: <jmeredit...>
Subject: [COBOL] Wednesday around Sisters in Milli wildfire area
Birders stayed after I left and species count will be higher. Light rain
or colder weather or what ever, kept bird activity pretty quiet in the
morning. We tried the areas expected to be good spots for woodpeckers.
We checked a lot of the burned area, but still missed birds heard and
seen in areas in past 1 or 2 days. We saw no woodpeckers going to
cavities or excavating cavities. I think Tom Lawler and perhaps others
ebirded as we went along so thanks.

Birded areas in the 2017 Milli burn, w along 242, Millican Crater rd,
Trout Creek swamp WP spot, Scott Pass/1026, and Whispering Pine HC.
This report was mailed for Judy Meredith by http://birdnotes.net

Sooty Grouse - repeatedly booming around 1018/1026 intersection. No one
saw it.
Turkey Vulture
Unidentified Accipiter - prob Sharpie, Millican Crater rd
Red-tailed Hawk
American Kestrel
Rock Dove
Williamson's Sapsucker
Red-breasted Sapsucker
Downy Woodpecker
Hairy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Hammond's Flycatcher
Gray Flycatcher
Dusky Flycatcher
Unidentified Empidonax
Steller's Jay
Western Scrub-Jay
Common Raven
Mountain Chickadee
Red-breasted Nuthatch
House Wren
Western Bluebird
Mountain Bluebird
Townsend's Solitaire
Hermit Thrush
American Robin
Nashville Warbler
Yellow Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Hermit Warbler
Western Tanager
Green-tailed Towhee
Chipping Sparrow
White-crowned Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco
Brewer's Blackbird
Brown-headed Cowbird
Total number of species seen: 37

Birders: Joy Newhart, Patty Meehan, Tony Morozumi, Craig Bennett, Jim
Weishaupt, Larry Thornburgh, Wayne Bowers, Sue Bertsch, Sherrie Pierce,
Steve Dyer, Kara Jakse, Tom Penpraze, Diane Burgess, Tom Lawler, Mark
Neudorfer, Howard Horvath, Judy Meredith.

Next week Calliope Crossing, and other forested areas close to Sisters.
Good birding, Judy, <jmeredit...>