Date: 5/16/18 7:57 pm
From: Don Henise <kiskadee3...>
Subject: [birders] Chuck-will's-widow - Sharonville SGA - Norvell Township, Jackson County
Robyn and I heard the Chuck-will's-widow at the location it was heard
last year; along the east side of Fishville Road, 6 tenths of a mile
north of Easudes Road and just south of the s-curve. It was calling at
9:40 when we reached that spot and called for about 5 minutes. It could
have been calling earlier, but we were listening farther south from
where it had been reported earlier this week. There were at least 5
Whip-poor-wills calling along Fishville. I did attempt to record the
CWWI call, but there was a lot of Gray Tree Frog and Spring Peeper
competition, so I'm not sure if I captured it. I'll work on that
recording tomorrow and add it to my eBird checklist if successful.

This is now the 8th consecutive year that Chuck-will's-widow has been
heard in this area. It was first discovered in 2011 by Craig Robson and
Heidi Doman.

--
Don Henise

Jackson, MI