Date: 5/16/18 6:39 pm
From: glenn ousset <gousset...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Mississippi Kite Question
I feel that I am so far seeing fewer than usual in Chalmette and Arabi  and around the Audubon La Nature Center on my urban surveys. I am seeing sufficient numbers that I am still hoping that this may be an effect of late arrival and/or nesting activity.
Glenn Ousset

On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 4:55 PM, Nancy L Newfield <nancy...> wrote:

LABIRDers,

Last week or so, there was a query about Mississippi Kites nesting in
urban/suburban areas.  I responded that they nest in my neighborhood and I
am seeing 2 or 3 daily.  However, driving around Metairie, I am not sure
that I am seeing as many as in previous years.

It seemed that they arrived later than usual.  Maybe I am just remembering
July and August when young are on the wing.  I would like to hear other
folks's take on this.

Please post to the list so all can benefit from your opinions.

Nan
--
Nancy L Newfield

Join us on Facebook!