Date: 5/16/18 4:11 pm
From: Timothy Huizenga <thuizenga...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Blue Grosbeak - yes; Hudsonian Godwit, yes, but ...
I saw the blue grosbeak at North Point Marina this afternoon in the same spot where it has been spotted.  It was hanging with a very cooperative clay-colored sparrow.  I saw the Hudsonian Godwit around noon, but at a fluddle on Pershing Road, several blocks north of Waukegan Beach.  [Pershing Road is flooded, but passable.]  I also saw a Baird's sandpiper, several greater yellowlegs, and a few pectorals in the same fluddle.
Other highlights of my trip north were an Orchard Oriole and Blue-Winged Warbler at Lyons Woods and a lone Piping Plover at Waukegan Beach ( in the large puddle just off the beach).  Also saw some Common Terns at Waukegan Beach.
Tim Huizenga(Birding today in Lake County)

Join us on Facebook!