Date: 5/16/18 3:51 pm
From: Richard Hollis <xiboia...>
Subject: [ia-bird] ID Request
This bird was seen this morning at Kent Park. It is on the E boundary of the park — the fence is the east boundary. To the E is a grass pasture, This pasture is not overgrazed. It is a very reliable site for Bobolinks and in fact we saw and heard. The park side of the fence consists a a few scattered large oaks, along the fence, and an area that is will eventually be prairie. The prairie was seeded in 2016 so it has a long way to go before it will look good.

One person viewing the picture suggested it was a Grasshopper Sparrow. We did not hear a one. Although as we walked out of the woods towards the prairie, I remember hearing one phrase that might have been a Grasshopper Sparrow. Something else sang it it dissappeared from my mind and did not surface until a few minutes ago.

For those of you familiar with FW Kent P, the * marks the approximate location of this bird.

Your thoughts are gratefully accepted. Thank you and see you in Sioux City!

Rick Hollis
rural North Liberty IA

319 665 3141
319 541 8085 [mobile]