Date: 5/16/18 8:58 am
From: Daniel Mason <millipede1977...>
Subject: Re: Carolina Wrens
That is odd.  Funny, I got that email while we had one right outside the
window that, I can only assume is a young one just learning to sing...
what a weird and jumbled song. It's fun listening to them practice.
I can't imagine it's a population problem but, I don't know. Any other
birds in the area seem less numerous?  My dad used to tell a story of
when I was REAL little, he and a neighbor were talking about how
something seemed weird that year... they both realized, there were no
birds around at all. My dad always suspected it had something to do with
a mill that was a few miles away. Who knows. Either way, hope you find
some. They are out there, somewhere.

Daniel Mason