Date: 5/16/18 8:11 am
From: <esecker...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Carpentersville Dam, Kane Co.
It's loaded with both bugs and warblers south of the dam. Walk down the path south all the way to where it turns to dirt. There are a couple dirt paths past that also. Blackpoll Warblers were thick with many at eye level and at times ten or more in my field of vision at a time. I counted and estimated conservatively 60 Blackpolls just in this one area. Also 11 Bay-breasted, 6 Blackburnian (most higher in the trees), and other regulars. Not as much diversity but still about 15 species of warblers and it was already getting warm. There was also a singing Prothonotary which I eventually saw when it flew north of the dam by the parking lot.

I look forward to hearing what others are seeing out there.

Eric & Sally Secker
West Dundee, Kane Co.

Posted by: <esecker...>

<*> Your email settings: