Date: 5/16/18 5:14 am
From: Christopher Loscalzo via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Fallout, part 2
A quick walk at one of our local hot spots this morning yielded a remarkable
18 species of warblers and > 50 species of birds. The birds that "fell out"
yesterday are still around. We went to Massaro Farm in Woodbridge. Most of
the birds were in a few flowering oak trees in the woods. There were
Blackburnian, Bay-breasted, Tennessee, and many others all in one tree. The
highlight was an early Mourning Warbler singing and observed low in the
underbrush in the wet woods. A sincere thanks to Louisa C for blazing the
wonderful nature trail on this property. We're off to work now, but for
those fortunate enough to have the day off, you'd be wise to spend a good
part of this morning looking for birds. East Rock Park should be amazing!

Chris Loscalzo and Marianne Vahey,

Woodbridge