Date: 5/16/18 4:08 am
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: Eagle nest OK
I was really worried about the eaglets after the fierce wind, rain and
hail storm we had yesterday late afternoon.   It shredded and snapped
off plants and telephone poles and uprooted trees resulting in a 20 hr
power outage.  Around 10 this morning I took a walk over to the
neighbor's and was really happy to see the eaglets standing on the nest.
  Their parents no doubt provided cover from the hail that was strong
enough to leave dimples on the hood of my new car.

5/16 Taking advantage of the sunshine I made another trip to the eagles
nest around 6:00 PM to get some photos. The only thing on the swollen
but clean river were two female Common Mergansers going with the flow.
Scanning the sky for the adult eagles I got something better...a Common
Nighthawk. The other two surprises as we were coming home were a Great
-crested Flycatcher right in front of us and a Yellow-billed Cuckoo.

Bruni Haydl

Charles Town, WV

Join us on Facebook!