Date: 5/15/18 10:34 pm
From: Paul Roisen <roisenp1950...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Burrowing Owl and more
Thanks to Jacob Newton for posting about the Burrowing Owl in Humbolt
County.

Did a little run down to Brower Slough (IOU Field Trip locations) upon
hearing of a Common Gallinule that was seen Sunday. Though 4 of us tried
for it various times today we did not relocated it. Took Anna out to pick
up some bedding plants and then came "the call"--Burrowing Owl. Left
Sioux City at 4:20 for Ottosen. Zipping by a flooded field I saw what
looked like a Hudsonian Godwit so.... turned around for a look see despite
having Borrowing Owl on the brain. Yes it was a Hudsonian Godwit along
with several common shorebirds and WHOA a Red-necked Phalarope. Smaller
and less bulky than the Wilson's Phalaropes it was hanging with. Not a
bad bird.

Off to see the Burrowing Owl. Too easy--outlined against the sun.
Unfortunately sun and heat rise worked for a less than hoped for image but
nevertheless an nice nice year bird. Arrived home 10:49PM

The amazing spring continues.

God Bless,

*Paul O. Roisen*
*Woodbury County, IA*