Date: 5/15/18 8:02 pm
From: newtja84 <newtja84...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Burrowing Owl, yes, and other stuff...

Additionally to the Burrowing Owl reported earlier (which was relocated and
was observed as late as 7ish PM). Jason and I did a little scouting about
the county. We predominantly hung around some sheetwaters along Georgia Ave
near C26 (Bradgate Blacktop) in Humboldt County. At these locations the
notable observation was a Hudsonian Godwit (THIS ONE IS UNDENIABLE) as well
as two Ruddy Turnstones. A handful of White-rumped Sandpipers were also
observed. We also snagged a FOY Common Nighthawk that was hanging out on a
power line.

Double additional Thanks to Paul Roisen we located a Red-necked Phalarope
and a second Hudsonian Godwit in Pocahontas county on a sheet on HWY
3...about halfway between Gilmore City and Pocahontas...

Jacob Newton

Ottosen IA