Date: 5/15/18 7:43 pm
From: David Carlson <davincrow...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Least Bittern - Streeterville, Chicago - COOK
Sorry for the late report, but had a LEAST BITTERN sitting rather tamely in some wide open low green plantings (nowhere to hide) at the corner of McClurg and Grand near the Cap Streeter sculpture about 12:30pm lunch.  With all the people, cars and dogs at that corner, I was surprised to see it again in the same area after work at 5:15pm!  It seemed smaller than I remember them and not brightly marked, so maybe an immature or first-year female.  Perhaps it will take off after the sun goes down or may stay for a day or two.
Also had multiple Ovenbirds, Common Yellowthroat, White-Throated Sparrow and 2 Gray Catbirds in the plantings just west of Yolk on the same corner at lunch today.
All the best, David <Waxwing> CarlsonOrland Park, Cook, IL

Join us on Facebook!