Date: 5/15/18 6:49 pm
From: Dave Tracy <davidctracy...>
Subject: [COBOL] ECAS Birding By Ear Tuesday May 15th
A slow morning around the park today.  For the first time I can recall on a May BBE walk we got skunked on warblers, vireos and empids.  A couple of FOS birds kept it interesting.  I think multiple days of nice weather contributed to the dearth of neotrops.  I wish the unsettled weather would have happened earlier, it always helps to concentrate the birds along the riparian habitat.

Here's the list:

Sawyer Park, Deschutes, Oregon, US
May 15, 2018 8:00 AM - 9:40 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Comments:    ECAS Birding By Ear group
30 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose  35    Multiple pairs with broods of goslings
Mallard  15
California Quail  6
Spotted Sandpiper  2    First of the season for BBE group
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon)  2
Eurasian Collared-Dove  3
Mourning Dove  15
hummingbird sp.  1
Hairy Woodpecker  1
Northern Flicker  4
Western Wood-Pewee  1    First of the season for BBE group
Steller's Jay  5
California Scrub-Jay  1
Common Raven  1
Northern Rough-winged Swallow  2