Date: 5/15/18 5:52 pm
From: douglas stotz <dfstotz...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Bemis Woods field trip today
I led a field trip this morning to Bemis Woods (both North and South)
under the auspices of Chicago Audubon Society. 16 birders joined me. We
found 78 species, including 24 species of warblers. Highlights included a
heard only Cerulean, a male Black-throated Blue, a Northern Parula, 5
Golden-wingeds, 2 Canadas, 2 Orange-crowned and dazzling looks at an array
of male warblers including Bay-breasteds, Blackburnians, and bunches of
Chestnut-sideds, Black-throated Greens and Magnolias. There were good
numbers of other woodland migrants, but hard to focus on grosbeaks,orioles
and buntings when there are warblers all around you. The other bird of
interest was a soaring Broad-winged Hawk. A great morning all around.

Doug Stotz

--
Douglas Stotz
Conservation Ecologist/Ornithologist