Date: 5/15/18 3:55 pm
From: Donald Sweig via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Mississippi Kites: No.Va.
I observed, and photographed three Mississippi kites, one perched and two flying near Green Spring Gardens Park in Fairfax County this morning.
The perched kite, a female, was eating some prey, a small bird.
I subsequently saw, and photographed, the perched kite and one of the flying birds copulate.
Later in the afternoon, I saw three Mississippi kites, one perched and two flying, up the hill from Monticello Park in Alexandria.
I saw no indication of a nest, or nest building, in the trees that either the Greenspring or Alexandria birds had used last year.
Donald Sweig
Falls Church, Virginia

Sent from my iPad