Date: 5/15/18 3:45 pm
From: Terence Skelton <00000140e212e0d0-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Mississippi Kite Question
I regularly have Mississippi Kites nesting in my neighborhood as well, in Bissonet Plaza, right off Power Boulevard.

I happened to go by St. Rita's in Harahan yesterday and observed a large kettle of kites, over a dozen, riding the thermals above the school building.

I agree with Nancy, in that they seemed to arrive later this year. I always thought it was in March, but I could be wrong.

As Jon noted, they like to perch on the power lines, and I see them by my church, St. Philip Neri, as well as along Kawanee, from Power to Houma.

They are always tormented by the crows, who seem to run the neighborhood around here, but I am happy they are sticking it out and building their nests here once again.

Happy birding!

Terri

Terence Skelton
<tadskelton...>