Date: 5/15/18 3:16 pm
From: barb22030--- via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Clark's Crossing (Fairfax) Indigo Buntings, etc.
I didn't have Larry Meade's warbler eye (or luck) at Clark's Crossing recently -- mainly because I stayed on the W&OD Trail instead of venturing far into the forest -- but I did see a Canada warbler, orchard orioles, and GOBS of male Indigo Buntings.  (One indigo looked strange with lots of orange colors.)  They are staking out the territory on the edge of the soccer field by the equestrian trail. They are also hanging out and singing up a storm all the way to Hunter Mill & nearly all the way to "downtown" Vienna.  Most I've ever seen since I've been birding there for the past few years.  Private pix (temporarily) here: https://www.flickr.com/gp/olympusbjs/GnY8a7

- Barb, Fairfax