Date: 5/15/18 3:06 pm
From: Wise, Jon <Wise...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] [EXTERNAL] [LABIRD-L] Mississippi Kite Question
My experience in Metairie near the lake this spring is pretty consistent with the last five years or so. We have a regular group of kites who perch on the power lines on Avron between Clearview Parkway and Transcontinental. I hear and see them every night now above my home on Purdue Drive, sometimes seeing as many as five circling above. They are not particularly shy of humans or automobiles and everyone seems to give them their space.

Sent from my iPad

> On May 15, 2018, at 4:55 PM, Nancy L Newfield <nancy...> wrote:
>
> This Message originated outside of Chaffe McCall's system.
>
> LABIRDers,
>
> Last week or so, there was a query about Mississippi Kites nesting in
> urban/suburban areas. I responded that they nest in my neighborhood and I
> am seeing 2 or 3 daily. However, driving around Metairie, I am not sure
> that I am seeing as many as in previous years.
>
> It seemed that they arrived later than usual. Maybe I am just remembering
> July and August when young are on the wing. I would like to hear other
> folks's take on this.
>
> Please post to the list so all can benefit from your opinions.
>
> Nan
> --
> Nancy L Newfield
> Casa Colibrí
> Metairie, Louisiana USA
> <nancy...>

Chaffe McCall L.L.P. CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, including attachments, if any, is intended for use only by the addressee(s) named herein and contains confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail or telephone and delete the original and destroy all electronic and other copies of this message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive communications through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately.

Join us on Facebook!