Date: 5/15/18 2:23 pm
From: 'Mike Sefton' via Birders <birders...>
Subject: [birders] My Birding Mentor is free Washtenaw Audubon program, Weds., May 16, 7:30pm, Ann Arbor, all invited
Birders and friends,

Please join us for the following free program at the beautiful U-M Matthaei Botanical Gardens in Ann Arbor. You do not have to be a Washtenaw Audubon member to attend.

Wednesday, May 16, 7:30pm

Like Father, Like Son: the Autobiography of a Birder

Ray Stocking shares the story of his unusual introduction to bird watching some 25 years ago. During his senior year in college, with very little birding experience and no binoculars, Ray's father, Jerome Stocking, asked Ray to join him in an overnight birding trip. This was the trip that would alter Ray’s world forever, during which he discovered the one bird that changed his life. Ray’s presentation includes 25 years of father-and-son birding, some of their hundreds of life birds, travels near and far, and the day when the father and the son reversed their roles.
Ray Stocking is the current Board Chair for Michigan Audubon and a past president of the Washtenaw Audubon Society. Ray helped develop birding programs for the Washtenaw Elementary Science Olympiad, which continues to inspire young grade school students on the joys of our feathered friends. Ray resides in Ann Arbor with his wife and their two teenage children.

This program is free and open to the public. Membership is not required, though we would welcome your membership to help with our environmental and educational activities. Washtenaw Audubon programs are held at the U-M Matthaei Botanical Gardens, 1800 North Dixboro Rd., Ann Arbor. In addition to the program, hear news of the latest critter sightings and field trips, and enjoy tasty snacks following the program. For more information on free Washtenaw Audubon programs and field trips, go to
www.washtenawaudubon.org <http://www.washtenawaudubon.org/>

Hope to see you this Wednesday at 7:30pm.

Mike Sefton
Washtenaw Audubon

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<706D3D34-FAAE-4657-98E0-C66AA9E9E9F7...>