Date: 5/15/18 1:56 pm
From: Sebastian Jones <sebastianojones...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Brookline Bird Club McLaughlin Woods Walk, 5/15
Hi Massbirders,
A group of 17 of us birded McLaughlin Woods in Boston this morning. During
the official one-hour Brookline Bird Club walk we encountered 42 species
with 13 kinds of warbler and some odds and ends like a continuing
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker. At the conclusion of the walk, I continued to
bird the area with some of the group and we were treated to additional
species like Scarlet Tanager, Northern Waterthrush, Veery, Canada and
Blackpoll Warblers and some improved looks at Wilson's and Black-throated
Blue Warblers.

I also had an Olive-sided Flycatcher and Clay-colored Sparrow a little
later in the day (courtesy of a tip from Paul Peterson). More info on those
rarities here. <https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45706222>

This walk will continue weekly on Tuesdays at 7:30 am throughout the
spring, more
info on the next walk here.
<https://www.brooklinebirdclub.org/events/mclaughlin-woods-migrants-boston-5/>

Best,
Sebastian Jones
Jamaica Plain, MA

PS- for those on this morning's walk who would like me to share the eBird
checklist with you, send me a quick email and I'll take care of that.