Date: 5/15/18 1:50 pm
From: Brian Johnson <buntingrobinjay...>
Subject: [cobirds] White Eyed Viro Bear Creek Lake Park, Lakweood, Jefferson County
Today while hiking the majority of the Mt Carbon trail in Bear Creek Lake
park I refound the *White-eyed Vireo *that Mark Chavez found back on May
11th.
However it's a away from the parking lot and you will need to walk a ways,
over two miles total. It was on the other side of the river from the Mt
Carbon trail. To get there go to Pelican Point and park at the large dirt
lot with the group pavilion, right after the Horse Arena, and take the Red
Tail Trail all the way to it's end and follow the Owl trail into a
cottonwood forest. The bird is there sing up a storm, which is what drew my
attention. Here is a link to INautaurlist with the location,

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/12488738

Also for some reason Google Map has it labeled Fitness Trail but that's not
correct. There might be another way from Muskrat Meadows picnic area but I
am not sure abut this, you would need to cross the river from this picnic
area. I will be adding photos of the bird to ebird this evening. I hope
this makes sense.

Brian Johnson
Englewood Co,