Date: 5/15/18 1:10 pm
From: steve kimbrell <galvmcm...>
Subject: Pterography
On Sunday's (5/13/18) IMBD Tucker County, W.Va. count we found a
leucistic Red-winged Blackbird female with all white primaries on the
left wing. The rest of the bird's feathers appeared to us as normal.
The bird was very active, singing loudly, calling, flying to and from
various perches.
So, let's see if this bird sticks around for the season, it
catches one's immediate attention as an anomalous bird in flight when
seen in port side sihouette.
The siting was in Canaan Valley National Wildlife Refuge at the
entrance road to the Beall Tract trailhead. We found it near the
entrance, before the new bridge over the tributory to the northfork of
the blackwater river. We hope to see it again. (and along the creek is
where we found the Solitary and Spotted Sandpipers.)

For Tucker County, Steve Kimbrell and Sally Egan

Join us on Facebook!