Date: 5/15/18 12:29 pm
From: Lucy Uncu via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Bay-breasted Warblers galore at Eakin Park, Fairfax
On our usual Eakin Park walk this morning about 10:30 we headed north on
the Cross County Trail from Prosperity and were rewarded with lots of birds
both singing and not.

The highlight was *11 Bay-breasted Warblers!* (in four separate
locations). Up til now I haven't seen a single one in Virginia so this was
really special. They were all males in breeding plumage and were very
cooperative, giving us good looks and even some semi good photos.

We also had several *Magnolia Warblers*, *Chestnut-sided Warblers,* *Yellow
Warblers*, *Common Yellowthroats*, and a single *Redstart *and* Black and
White*.

Besides Warblers we had at least *10 Acadian Flycatchers*, an equal number
of* Red-eyed Vireos* and probably at least that many *Swainson's Thrush*.
(We also saw 10 Swainson's yesterday). We heard but didn't see *Wood
Thrush.*

Of course we had the usual Grackles, American Crow, Bluebird, Titmouse,
Red-shouldered Hawks, Blue Gray Gnatcatchers, Cardinals and various
woodpeckers species.

All and all a great day!

Lucy Uncu
Falls Church, VA