Date: 5/15/18 11:42 am
From: Douglas Harr <dnharr...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Biding continues to be great--Cape May at Ogden
I birded Holst State Forest (northen Boone Co.) this morning and saw *tons*
of warblers, although nothing new for my 2018 list. On getting home at
noon I had lunch on our back deck, and there was a male Cape May Warbler
"de-bugging" the top of one of our spruce trees. That's another FOY
species for me, plus it's also a new bird for our yard list!

This has sure turned into an amazing migration for Iowa in the past week.
Attached are photos I took yesterday of a Blacburnian Warbler (Oakwoods
Picnic Area, Ledges SP) and a Magnolia Wabler (Emma McCarthy Lee Park,
Ames).

Doug Harr
Ogden