Date: 5/15/18 11:42 am
From: 'Carolyn A. Marsh' <cmarshbird...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET No sighting: Federal Lawsuit filed to block Obama Center in Jackson Park

I hope birders are following the great news that Protect Our Parks, Inc.
filed a lawsuit in US District Court, that the Chicago Park District and
city of Chicago don't have the authority to transfer public parkland to a
non-governmental entity such as the Obama Foundation.

Great timing as the Obama Foundation supporters are expected to rally and
pack the Chicago Plan Commission public hearing on Thursday to approve
sale/transfer of Chicago Park District land to the city and then to private
Obama Center Foundation. Note the Library is not a real presidential
library, but a proposed Obama Center/Campus.

Thursday, May 17 City Plan Commission public hearing

Chicago city hall

10 a.m. City Council chambers, 2nd floor

For further information: <http://www.jacksonparkwatch.org/>
www.jacksonparkwatch.org

Carolyn Marsh, bistate bird conservationist, Whiting, IN

Join us on Facebook!