Date: 5/15/18 10:43 am
From: carlbendorf <carlbendorf...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Re: scrub jay question (not a sighting - not really, anyway - and not really Iowa related)
Hi Chris,

This is what I found in Birds of North America online
<https://birdsna.org/Species-Account/bna/species/wooscj2/systematics#subsp>:

"Southern Mexico group (Sumichrast’s Jay):

*A. w. sumichrasti* (Ridgway, 1874). Resident in central Mexico from near
Distrito Federal south and east to southern Veracruz, northern Guerrero (Peterson
1991c
<https://birdsna.org/Species-Account/bna/species/wooscj2/references#REF37642>),
and northern Oaxaca [type locality = Orizaba, Veracruz]. "

And here is the citation for the reference above: Peterson, A. T. 1991.
New distributional information on the *Aphelocoma* jays. Bull. Br.
Ornithol. Club no. 111:28-33.

Hope this helps a bit.

Carl Bendorf
Longmont, CO