Date: 5/15/18 10:10 am
From: Joe Suchecki <issuesman50...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Good Birding This Morning McDowell Grove Forest Preserve, Naperville
First, McDowell Grove is apparently open again after being closed for months for construction of a new bridge.

Second, there were many birds this Tuesday morning, May 15th, at McDowell with lots of warblers and flycatchers.  I recorded 24 species of warblers including quite a few Yellow-rumped and Palm but also Blackpoll, Canada and Mourning.  First of year Willow, Yellow-bellied, and Olive-sided Flycatchers.  I saw several Orchard Orioles, four species of Vireo including Philadelphia, and there was a Cliff Swallow at the new bridge.  Very birdy morning, and it is nice to have the preserve open again.

Joe Suchecki
Naperville, DuPage County

Join us on Facebook!