Date: 5/15/18 10:05 am
From: Steve Bennett <sbennett999...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Upland Sandpipers, Grasshopper Sparrow, Meadowlarks at Pease today
This morning (Tues May 15th) I met Susan Wrisley at the Pease Airport and
we successfully located (3) Upland Sandpipers (including a pair of dueling
males), a Grasshopper Sparrow, a lot of Meadowlarks & a Kestrel.

She had scoped the golf course end of the runway before I arrived and had
no Uppies but atleast (5) Eastern Meadowlarks.

The Uppies were viewed with scopes from the elevated burms at the Short
Street end of the runway. The birds were walking & flying around in the
infield near the large #9 runway markers, and one teed-up on the orange
wind-sock for several minutes.

Additional Meadowlarks and the Kestrel were also viewed fom this location.
We drove around to Gate-7 off of McIntyre Road and walked East (to the
right) along the chain-link fence towards the large white conical radar
unit inside the fence. As we approached the 1-story wooden shed a
cooperative Grasshopper Sparrow was teed-up on a log and constantly
singing. He even flew to the fence and gave us a prolonged and detailed
view.

Steve Bennett, Portsmouth NH
Susan Wrisley, Hollis NH