Date: 5/15/18 9:28 am
From: Eric Hynes <erichynes28...> [wsbn] <wsbn-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [wsbn] Problems with attachments!
Hello Western Slope Birders:

I am a huge supporter of eBird and its many wonderful attributes but I
still think there is an important role for regional emailing lists.

I appreciate contributions to the WSBN but I am not necessarily a big fan
of the the format Yahoo Groups provides. I am not advocating for a format
change however. I simply want to suggest that when people are reporting to
WSBN, instead of trying to insert images into the email (which is almost
always problematic), simply include a link to your eBird report that you
are reporting on or upload your images to a Flickr account or SmugMug or
the like.

Personally, I don't bother clicking on the images "attached" in the WSBN
emails because I can rarely get them to load properly or I have to sign in
again or something.

Just copy the html address from your eBird report and Flickr page and paste
it in the email. Simple for you the reporter and flawless for us receivers.

My two cents.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Hynes
Telluride, CO
---------------------
Field Guides Birding Tours
www.fieldguides.com
http://fieldguides.com/guides/eric-hynes

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 9:27 AM, Brenda Wright <coenbrenda...> [wsbn] <
<wsbn-noreply...> wrote:

> Greetings,
> Over the last several days we can not attach photos or open photos on
> WSBN. To see our photos, use e-Bird because photos are attached with no
> problems. The photos we posted were of the Cattle Egret, near Nucla,
> White-winged Dove, and Rose-breasted Grosbeak in our yard.
>
> E-Bird has so may wonderful bells and whistles it is making most all other
> birding resources obsolete. We are signed up for county alerts in western
> Colorado via e-Bird. Reason, most e-Birders do not report to WSBN. To keep
> informed, also use e-Bird.
> Coen

Join us on Facebook!