Date: 5/15/18 9:23 am
From: Jay V Huner <jvh0660...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Crow's breakfast /// European Starlings!
Somewhat odd how the Royal "We" "hate" invasive species of birds including European Starlings, Rock Pigeons, Eurasian Collard-Doves and House Sparrows. Yet, these birds are handsome, adaptive species that will likely never be excluded from North America. We have so changed the landscape and ecology of this continent that these "hated" species are important components of the altered ecosystems in which they thrive.

It's high time that we come to acknowledge "defeat" and enjoy these handsome birds. Rating a species as good or bad is very subjective.

Wonder how many blasts I'll get for this opinion? But, we've lost.

Jay Huner

PS - Black-bellied Whistling-Ducks and House Finches are invasive species but are native to North America.