Date: 5/15/18 9:12 am
From: <smbeaudoin1...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] Canada, Nashville, Magnolia Warblers, Report of Prothonotary VFNHP
I birded Vischer Ferry NHP this morning. From 6:40-10:30. Marsh Wrens were calling near the bridge. A short distance from the spruce grove I encountered a nice mixed flock of warblers that hung around for about a half hour. I got great, looks at a Canada and Blackburnian warblers. Also around were Black-throated Blues and Greens, Chestnut-sided, Redstart, Yellow-rumps and a Nashville. Interestingly, all the Black-throated Blues I saw were female. There were also lots of female Rose-breasted Grosbeaks around. I heard my FOY E. Wood –Peewees singing and saw several Red-eyed Vireos. (still don’t have them in my yard). Talking a left (south ) turn at the spruce grove, I followed the trail going right and wound up on the banks of the Mohawk. There were wide mud flats here and 6 Least Sandpipers, along with a Bald Eaglewho flushed them.

The most interesting bird of the day, was one shown to me on a camera by another birder, Steve. It was a Prothonotary Warbler! He took in on the trail leading to the spruce grove last week, He found it low in the bushes.

Susan Beaudoin

Join us on Facebook!