Date: 5/15/18 9:07 am
From: Antonio, Robert J. <anto...>
Subject: Burcham: Tuesday
It was sociable summery early morning along the Kaw - ran into Christopher Rogers and partner, and Galen Pittman and Joe Harrington. The migrant activity is down and we're edging into summer in these parts. Getting harder to see out there as the foliage thickens

Warblers
Yellow - 20+ lots of song and even more chatter and partial song
Wilson's - 3 singing
Blackpoll - 1 singing
Prothonotary - 1 still singing behind the KU Boathouse
Canada - 1 it did its jumble of notes once in the thicket 50 yards to 75 yards above south bridge on river trail low in wet bush

Joe & Christopher had several American Redstarts; Joe also said he heard several Blackpolls & Orange-crowns earlier on the river trail; Joe and Galen had a an Alder Flycatcher above the KU boathouse that stooped singing when I got there

Philadelphia Vireo - 1 the best looks I had at one this year
Swainson's Thrush - 11 - one song & lots of whit notes
Yellow-throated Vireo - 1 still singing from the same tree next to the -wonder if he has a mater?
Least Flycatcher -1 calling
Eastern Bluebird - pair active together near their nesting site aound south bridge

Bob Antonio
Lawrence

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to