Date: 5/15/18 7:49 am
From: Jerry Schulz <jlsbird2757...>
Subject: Cedar Waxwings
Yesterday evening we were getting ready for dinner when my wife looked out the patio door and gasped. " look at all the Cedar Waxwings". There must have been 50 or 60 of them. they were flocking to our little three tier water feature. They must have heard the sound of falling water and had come in to drink and bathe. They crowded in and squabbled over which got to do what. It was amazing. We have had them come in smaller flocks of 10 or 20 but never like this. There is a small Forsythia shrug behind the water feature which is bordered by a 14 to 18" rock wall making a grotto type setting. They were weighing down its branches. Jane tried to get photos and a short video but it was rather difficult shooting at an angle thru double panes of solar glass. We finally decided to just stand and enjoy one of the wonders of nature. Jerry Schulz
Little Rock, Arkansas

Join us on Facebook!