Date: 5/14/18 9:58 pm
From: Paul Griffin <pgriffin1...>
Subject: Oak Park, Wichita
Hi Folks,

I didn’t see or hear any warblers in Oak Park today, until I got to the Arch pond near the SW corner of OP. I sat by the pond, being as stealthy as possible, and I finally got to see a Nashville along with many Yellow warblers. Then I saw a Mourning warbler, new for the year. Later reading Mark Nolan’s post, he reported a Mourning warbler near the pond also, probably the same one. I also saw female Redstart’s, which are generally the last warbler species to pass through Oak Park in the spring. Many vireo’s, and flycatchers.

Sorry for this late report. Last Saturday morning we had the Warbler Walk in Oak Park. It’s always a good time to walk Oak Park with people interested in birds. We did see a nice warbler, a Magnolia and a few others, including a nice Redstart male. The Cooper’s hawk female sitting on her new eggs. Hummingbirds in different places. Many Vireo’s and Flycatchers. I had a good time and I hope everyone else did to.

Happy Birding,

Paul Griffin, Wichita
https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to