Date: 5/14/18 9:16 pm
From: 'Mark Peterson' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Washington county, Akron Golf Course -- 5/13/2018
COBirders,
Sorry for the late post!
Yesterday afternoon I planned on making a quick stop at the Akron Golf course (not technically on the golf course) and my planned 20 minutes turned into about an hour.  I started near the northwest corner or the inlet of the lake and while looking at a NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH a PROTHONOTARY WARBLER flew in and as I sat there it just kept working along the inlet and came within feet of me.  I then continued and a little ways east of there was a BLACKPOLL WARBLER.  I was approaching my 20 minutes already so I headed east and was in the alley way along the east shore of the "reservoir" and found a GOLDEN-WINGED WARBLER, it was the least cooperative as far as photos go of all the goodies.  I was finally almost back to my starting point when a YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER popped up.  It worked around in the tree right in front of me before moving towards the inlet.  I decided to take one more look around the inlet and found one more rarity, a BLACK-THROATED GREEN WARBLER was working in the cottonwoods.
Needless to say, the 20 minutes turned into an hour.
One other note, I had a BOBOLINK near Sterling today (5/24/2018).

Good birding,
Mark PetersonColorado Springs