Date: 5/14/18 7:07 pm
From: Jim Nelson <kingfishers2...>
Subject: [MDBirding] New Yard Bird, Least Flycatcher, Bethesda, Mont. Co.
After many years of observing, it is challenging to add a new yard bird for our small suburban yard in Bethesda, Montgomery County. Not a lot of good habitat around us as our neighborhood transitions from smaller, older homes with large, old trees and bushes to mini-mansions with minimal plantings. So it was a great surprise when I saw and heard a Least Flycatcher actively hunting in our neighbor's tree. Species number 126 for our yard list.

Today was the most active day in and around our yard so far this migration season with singing Scarlet Tanager, Common Yellowthroat, and Eastern Towhee; Blackpoll, Black-and-White, Pine, Tennessee, and Yellow-rumped Warblers; Blue-headed and Red-eyed Vireos; Great Crested Flycatcher, Turkey Vultures overhead, and a fly-by Great Blue Heron in addition to all the usual suspects, about 39 species altogether.

Jim Nelson