Date: 5/14/18 6:48 pm
From: <searleslr...> <searleslr...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Re: And Then Spring Became Summer...
Ann,
Confounding is a good word. I've seen more Magnolia Warblers than Yellow. A
number of less common species have been plentiful in my forays, while
common ones are not so easy to find. One example: White-Crowned Sparrows
have been abundant compared to White-Throated. I saw a flock of 20-25
Solitary Sandpipers (emphasis on "Solitary"). And the spring's reports of
Ibises seem to be frequent, although the same bird may have been reported
more than once. Personally I saw two different White-Faced Ibises, one with
a clearly white face (Marshalltown) and the other with a light pink face
(Colo Bogs).

On a broader scale, it's been highly unusual to have shorebird migration
occur at roughly the same time as neotropical migration, and waterfowl
migration seemed to take a long time. All this can be blamed on unusual
weather/climate patterns. Is it the "new normal"?

Lee Searles
Marshalltown