Date: 5/14/18 6:15 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Dan Wright F.P. & Ryerson Conservation Area Monday 5-14-18
Hello Bird People,

Waited out the rain & then went to Half Day/Dan Wright F.P. at 12:30
p.m. Yesterday they had Cerulean, Black Throated Blue, Hooded &
Prothonotary Warblers so of course today none of them were seen. But
we still had 22 Warbler species so I can't complain. (Well I'll
complain a little as I really wanted that Cerulean.) Along for the
whole day was Bob Erickson & for part of the day
Todd A, Andy St, Steve M & Donnie D. As it's late I'll just list all
the Warbers & then highlights.

Dan Wright F.P. (12:30-3 p.m.)

GOLDEN WINGED WARBLER (1)
Tennessee Warbler (2)
Orange Crowned Warbler (1)
Nashville Warbler (2)
NORTHERN PARULA (4)
Yellow Warbler (2)
Chestnut Sided Warbler (12-14)
Magnolia Warbler (16-18)
Cape May Warbler (2-F)
Y.R. Myrtle Warbler (2)
Black Throated Green (5)
Blackburnian Warbler (6)
Palm Warbler (3)
Bay Breasted Warbler (8)
Blackpoll (2)
Black & White (10)
American Redstart (15)
Ovenbird (2, I only heard this species but Bob saw it.)
Northern Waterthrush (8)
Common Yellowthroat (3)
Wilson's Warbler (4)
Canada Warbler (2)

Also seen at Half Day/Dan Wright were 3 R.T. Hummers, 4 Vireos
including 1 PHILADELPHIA &
1 Yellow Throated & 1 CLAY COLORED SPARROW. Flycatchers were Eastern
Pewee, Least,
Eastern Phoebe & Great Crested.

Ryerson Conservation Area (3:30-515 p.m.)

Thought we might add a Warbler species but we though wrong as all we
found were more of what we already had. Highlights here were 17
Warbler species, one Great Egret, an additional Philadelphia Vireo & a
calling OLIVE SIDED FLYCATCHER. Usually when I see one of those they
are silent but this one did the "whip, three beers" call over & over
again. Nice to hear for a change.

Bird-Of-The-Day for Bob was the Philly Vireo as that species eluded
him last year.

Bird-Of-The-Day for me goes to the calling Olive Sided Flycatcher. He
had the award after just one call! Runners-Up to the Philly Vireo, the
Golden Winged Warbler,the Clay Colored Sparrow & the R.T. Hummers.

Al Stokie
Back in Lake County today in between rain showers

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: