Date: 5/14/18 6:05 pm
From: Jane Clark <jrclark...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Backyard bushes
Today from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., I watched birds while relaxing on the
porch. I couldn't see ground level but we have a tangle of shrubbery in the
corner of the lot near the porch. A Wilson's Warbler kept me busy watching
his activities-flycatching and jumping hoops most of the time I watched.
There were eventually at least three Wilson's in that area, along with
Nashville's, Common Yellowthroat, Yellow, an American Redstart and a
surprising Mourning Warbler that put in a brief appearance. In the trees in
the background there were Magnolias and Chestnut-sided Warblers.

Earlier today I saw a Canada Warbler and a Golden-winged in our serviceberry
trees.

The Wilson's Warbler spent most of its time picking insects from a young
hackberry tree growing in the middle of the tangle.

Jane Clark

Clive, Polk County