Date: 5/14/18 5:01 pm
From: g. g <birdersx5...>
Subject: FOY Yellow-billed cuckoos, and more, Washington County
We found our FOY Yellow-billed Cuckoos at Peters Lake yesterday. Both gave
nice views as they perched above us.
A cooperative Swainson's thrush posed within several feet of us for several
minutes; it must have known I didn't have my camera because of the
threatening rain! Seemed to be the theme as many birds offered us great
views, including a colorful Rose-breasted grosbeak (male) within feet of an
Eastern towhee (male), within feet of another Eastern towhee (female).
Common birds now, but nice color combination!
We had several species of warblers, including Magnolia, Yellow-rumped,
Common yellowthroat, Black-and-white, Louisiana waterthrush, Hooded,
American redstart and Chestnut-sided.
A lone female Common merganser was resting on the lake, and a Spotted
sandpiper was in the cove. An Eastern kingbird posed on a railing near the
spillway.

Gigi Gerben
Washington County

Join us on Facebook!