Date: 5/14/18 4:43 pm
From: Ann Johnson <aj...>
Subject: [ia-bird] And Then Spring Became Summer...
That song ran through my head this afternoon while sitting at a picnic table
at Walnut Woods SP listening to the sounds of Great Crested Flycatcher,
Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Baltimore Oriole, Indigo Bunting and the ubiquitous
American Redstarts. The migration last night must have been in the millions
of birds as the number of migrants was down considerably! Interestingly
enough, it also brought in good numbers of Chestnut-sided and Magnolia
Warblers and they were in full song. There were a few Catharus thrushes yet
about. The most peculiar thing was that I also found a Palm Warbler and a
Yellow-rumped Warbler. This migration season is just confounding.

Ann Johnson

Norwalk (Warren County)