Date: 5/14/18 3:30 pm
From: '<bissbirds...>' <bissbirds...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET mockingbird lake county, shorebirds in Waukegan
I had a mockingbird along the entrance road into Allegheny park this afternoon on top of a foul ball sign, at the north end of the park. I was unable to go to the Waukegan beach this afternoon because I didn't want to brave the waters over the road with my car, which is kind of low. But there is a very good flooded field along Pershing road north of Grand, I had both Yellowlegs, Solitary, Dunlin and Least Sandpipers in it. If anyone goes to Bowen Park in Waukegan, there is a house with a bunch of feeders that had 5 Baltimore Orioles, 3 Red-headed Woodpeckers, an Orchard Oriole, Rose-breasted Grosbeak and a hummingbird. To get to this location go down the stairs and up the stairs on the east side of the ravine. There is a house at the north end of the meadow there with a lot of feeders. There was also a Black-throated Blue Warbler in the ravine there. Richard Biss

Join us on Facebook!