Date: 5/14/18 1:50 pm
From: William H Kaempfer <William.Kaempfer...>
Subject: [cobirds] More Boulder Birds on May 14
Since I missed all the weekend birds because I had to be in SE Arizona (sigh), I tried to cover some lost ground this morning with a visit to the Confluence Ponds area on CU Boulder's East Campus. Lots of bird activity was going on with the best bird for me being the continuing Northern Waterthrush singing loudly in the willows on the north side of the west pond. The scoreboard area further west had lots of Bullock's Orioles, Western Tanagers and a Gray Catbird, all of which caused eBird to accuse me of running up the score.

After putting in at least a notional effort at the desk, I stopped on my way out to lunch at Green Mountain Cemetery south of Baseline on 20th. I couldn't find any warblers, but there were lots of sparrows including a large flock of Chipping, a couple of Lark and Brewer's and a heavily flagged Lark Bunting (SW corner of the cemetery-the grassy part). I also managed an FOS Olive-sided Flycatcher near the bunting.

All four of these last mentioned birds were "First Seen" for Green Mountain, bringing the hotspot list up to 93. I'm going to make a push to see if it can get to 100 by the end of May. CFO fieldtrip leaders going up Flagstaff Mountain or to nearby Confluence Ponds might consider a quick stop at the cemetery to pad the tally.

Bill Kaempfer
Boulder